Maine became the latest state to issue an COVID-19.
While the federal government has not moved to restrict domestic travel within the U.S., coronavirus-travel-restrictions-us-states-quarantine-requirements/2947021001/” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener noreferrer”>USA Today indicated that the governors of at least twelve states are taking action to discourage interstate movements by announcing quarantine requirements on outside visitors, as well as residents returning home from other states. With the coronavirus now spreading quickly through American communities, governors of 40 states have also issued stay-at-home orders for their residents.
While the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that that it “does not generally issue advisories or restrictions for travel within the United States,” the intense community spread of the novel coronavirus prompted the organization to issue a domestic Travel Advisory, “urging residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to refrain from non-essential domestic travel for 14 days effective immediately.” These East Coast states have rapidly emerged as the epicenter of the current COVID-19 outbreak in the U.S.
The state’s order requires incoming travelers to go straight from the airport to their “designated quarantine location” (referring to residents’ homes, or visitors’ hotel rooms or rented lodgings). They must remain there, avoiding all nonessential outings for fourteen days or the duration of their visit, if it’s shorter than two weeks.
Delaware requires all out-of-state travelers to self-quarantine for fourteen days, including those who arrived during the fourteen days prior to March 30, 2020. Law enforcement officers are authorized to stop any vehicles with out-of-state plates.
Florida requires those on arriving flights from the New York tri-state area (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut) to quarantine for fourteen days or the duration of their stay, if it’s shorter. A separate order requires people driving in from Louisiana to self-quarantine and highway checkpoints have been established.
All visitors and residents arriving at Hawaiian airport must fill out a declaration form and proceed straight to their “designated quarantine location”, remaining there for fourteen days or, if it’s shorter, the length of their stay. The state now requires anyone traveling between any of the islands to do the same.
Kansas has mandated that residents who traveled to California, Florida, New York, Washington on or after March 15; Illinois or New Jersey on or after March 23; or Colorado and Louisiana on or after March 27 must self-quarantine for fourteen days after returning to Kansas.
Kentucky has instructed its residents not to travel to other states (with certain exceptions) and those returning from outside the state are required to self-quarantine for fourteen days.
Maine is requiring any travelers entering the state to self-quarantine for fourteen days, also requesting that anyone experiencing symptoms refrain from going there.
visitors are being urged not to travel to Massachusetts if they are experiencing coronavirus symptoms, and all incoming travelers are obliged to self-quarantine for fourteen days.
Nevada has released a travel advisory encouraging all residents and visitors alike to self-quarantine for fourteen days, except for certain essential personnel.
North Dakota issued a confinement order for those arriving to the state from any of 23 states or from abroad to self-quarantine for fourteen days, and recommends that snowbirds and spring-breakers do the same.
Oklahoma’s executive order requires those coming off of flights from the New York tri-state area (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut), Washington state, California or Louisiana to quarantine for fourteen days.
Rhode Island has instituted a fourteen-day self-quarantine for persons traveling in from any other state.
South Carolina is imposing a fourteen-day self-quarantine on people who enter the state from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or New Orleans.
Fourteen-day self-quarantine orders now apply to travelers arriving from Atlanta California Chicago, Connecticut, Detroit, Louisiana, Miami, New Jersey, New York and Washington state. Highway checkpoints have been set up to collect a declaration form from Louisiana drivers at the states’ shared border.
Vermont is requiring both visitors and returning residents traveling into Vermont “for anything other than an essential purpose” to self-quarantine for fourteen days. The executive order also instructed anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, as well as those bound from coronavirus “hot spots”, such as Chicago Connecticut Detroit Florida, Louisiana, New Jersey and New York, not to come to Vermont.
West Virginia is compelling anyone coming in from New Jersey, New York, Louisiana, Italy or China to self-quarantine for fourteen days, with exemptions made for those who commute into or out of the state for work.
Comments & Discussion
Expedia Group Lends a Hand With $275 Million Program
Expedia Group has announced its commitment of $275 million USD to help partners rebound from the impact of COVID-19 and fuel industry-wide recovery efforts.
Expedia Group’s recovery program is comprised of global initiatives to support industry recovery and property-level relief designed to help independent partners and small chains rebuild their business, attract high-value guests, and optimize cash flow.
Below are some of the program highlights.
To Restore Partners:
– Expedia Group is committing $250 million in marketing credits and financial relief. For each property that participates in the program, the company will reinvest 25% of the compensation earned in 2019 from the property into marketing credits for use with Expedia Group.
– To better understand when demand will return to a market, Expedia Group is providing proprietary data to track trends through a new analytics tool called Market Insights. The dynamic dashboard provides trends on website traffic, stay dates, and demand source markets.
– To support chains and owner groups, Expedia Group released a streamlined version of its optimized distribution solution that allows lodging suppliers to more effectively manage the distribution of wholesale rates among third party travel providers.
To Restore Destinations:
– To re-ignite demand through market awareness, Expedia Group Media Solutions is opening a $25 million fund for destinations. This recovery plan focuses on destination-led and co-op campaigns, which bring together destination and supply partners with similar audiences to manage their advertising spend while maximizing their conversions.
– To keep travel top of mind, Expedia Group is rolling out a series of global brand campaigns. For example, an online campaign from Media Solutions called Where Next? helps customers discover new destinations.
To Restore the Industry:
– To help furloughed and displaced workers advance during this time, Expedia Group has created a complimentary training and education program called Expedia Group Academy. The program offers skill development through online learning modules and live content led by Expedia Group subject matter experts and travel industry leaders.
– To ensure customers can book with confidence, Expedia Group created a new feature for lodging partners to highlight the health and hygiene measures at their properties.
– To meet the needs of cautious customers and ensure booking flexibility, nearly 70% of lodging rate plans on Expedia Group sites are now refundable.
Comments & Discussion
Airlines: Job Losses Will Undoubtedly Happen
Association of Flight Attendants President Calls Out Airlines for Undermining CARES Act
Frontier Allows Passengers to Social Distance by Paying for Empty Seats
Frontier Airlines to Rescind Controversial Empty Middle Seat Fee
Cruises2 weeks ago
Royal Caribbean To Eliminate Buffets on Post-Coronavirus Cruises
Airline News2 weeks ago
Mexican Airline Offering Unlimited Flight Packages
Airline News2 weeks ago
Delta Resuming Several Major US and International Routes in June
Featured Segments2 weeks ago
Sweet Farm Animal Shelter Using the Animals’ Daily Empty Schedules to Inject Humor into Video Business Meetings