Travel management companies offer a service that is becoming increasing popular. This is of no surprise when you consider the fact that more and more companies are engaging in corporate travel on a regular basis. This is a trend that is only likely to continue as well. Therefore, travel managers are only going to become more popular. Keeping that in mind, this post will provide you with all the details you need to know regarding these types of companies. So, keep on reading to find out more…
What does a travel management company do? You may have gathered from the name – these companies help you to manage all areas of your corporate travel. This includes everything from finding the best deals, to organizing your itinerary for the occasion, to support whilst overseas. This is the ultimate solution in corporate travel.
What are the benefits of using a travel management company? There are lots of benefits to be gained, let’s look at some in more detail…
- Reduce expenditure – First and foremost, you can expect to reduce the amount of money you spend on corporate travel. This is because you will gain access to exclusive deals that cannot be found anywhere else. How? Well, travel managers have connections with airlines and such like.
- Peace of mind – In addition to this, you will have the peace of mind that help will always be on hand should you have any queries or issues whilst you are abroad.
- Better travel organizing – You will find it a lot easier to arrange your corporate travel plans. After all, you will have access to all of the information you require and you will be able to book everything from conference rooms and airline tickets, to accommodation and car rental, from one interface.
- Increased information – Last but not least, another key benefit associated with these companies is the fact that you will have all of the information you require. This includes everything from baggage allowance, to local temperatures, to directions, to the exchange rates, and more.
How do you find the best travel managers? Now you know the benefits that can be gained by using travel management companies, yet it is important to find a leading one if you are to truly reap the rewards that have been mentioned. Thus, you should look out for the following…
- Good reputation – Read reviews that have been read by previous customers in order to determine whether the company in question has a good reputation or not. This is something you should easily be able to pick up on and you will be alerted to any red flags if necessary.
- Great deals – It is important to ensure you are actually going to make cost savings. What deals can the company provide you with?
- Ease of use – Last but not least, the final thing you need to do is make sure the service you are provided with is easy to use. The software you gain should be simple and make your planning more straightforward, certainly not more complex!
Do you need to travel?
Of course, hiring a travel manager is a good move. However, you also need to ensure you restrict your travel plans to critical journeys online Nowadays, you can do CNM programs and such like online, and so this has eliminated the need to travel for training. You can also use conference programs and software too in order to communicate with remote teams, so this is something to take into account.
Don’t ignore baggage allowance when you are sorting out your company’s travel plans
Are you in the process of organising travel plans for your business? If so, you likely have a lot to take into account. From getting to the destination to conducting various meetings, there are a lot of things that must be ticked off your to-do list. Nonetheless, there are certain factors that people tend to forget, and baggage allowance is one of these. However, this is something that should be taken into account even before you have booked your airplane ticket, and here are the reasons why…
When booking your airplane ticket you obviously want to find the cheapest one. However, you will find that the cheapest ticket can soon end up being the most expensive one once all of the extras are added on. The ticket that started off at £90 soon costs you over £200! Thus, you want to look for the cheapest ticket whilst taking into account the final price, which is why baggage allowance is important from the offset.
You will often find companies can charge anything from £20 to £40 for a suitcase, and sometimes even more! There are then those that charge per kg! Some airlines will charge you for your hold luggage twice – i.e. for the outbound and inbound journey. You can spend way more than you expected, which is why travel management software is recommended, as you will be able to view all of this information upfront.
The information they provide you with is crucial, as not only will you learn about the costs, but also precise details about the baggage allowance. How many kilos are you allowed for your hand luggage? How much for your hold luggage? If your case is overweight, how much will you be charged at the airport? Is it cheaper to buy extra kilos on the Internet beforehand?
Finally, it is wise to implement a strict baggage policy with your employees. If they are only travelling overnight you may only allow them to travel with hold luggage, if they wish to take a suitcase they will have to fund it themselves. Nonetheless, make sure your fair! Don’t send your employee around the world with their handbag!
Comments & Discussion