American Airlines announced efforts to help residents impacted by the devastating wildfires in Southern California and the first responders arriving in the area.
As a result of the extreme red alert issued by the National Weather Service due to high winds, American has proactively issued a travel alert for five airports in the Los Angeles metropolitan area, including Hollywood Burbank Airport, Los Angeles International Airport, Long Beach Airport, Ontario International Airport and John Wayne Airport.
The airline has also issued a travel alert for Sonoma County Airport in Northern California due to the Kincade Fire.
“We know that many people throughout Southern California have already been impacted by these fires, and many more remain at risk from this dangerous situation,” American Senior Vice President Suzanne Boda said in a statement. “If we can take one less concern away during a difficult time, we are here to support them.”
Travelers flying with American now have the flexibility to reschedule their journey if flying to or from impacted airports. AAdvantage members looking to help can also get involved through November 16 by earning 10 miles for every dollar donated to the Red Cross with a minimum $25 donation.
In addition, the airline has activated its disaster response giving process alongside the American Red Cross. Monetary donations are the best way to assist those in need at this time, which will help provide shelter, food, relief supplies and health services through trained Red Cross personnel.
Comments & Discussion
Expedia Group Lends a Hand With $275 Million Program
Expedia Group has announced its commitment of $275 million USD to help partners rebound from the impact of COVID-19 and fuel industry-wide recovery efforts.
Expedia Group’s recovery program is comprised of global initiatives to support industry recovery and property-level relief designed to help independent partners and small chains rebuild their business, attract high-value guests, and optimize cash flow.
Below are some of the program highlights.
To Restore Partners:
– Expedia Group is committing $250 million in marketing credits and financial relief. For each property that participates in the program, the company will reinvest 25% of the compensation earned in 2019 from the property into marketing credits for use with Expedia Group.
– To better understand when demand will return to a market, Expedia Group is providing proprietary data to track trends through a new analytics tool called Market Insights. The dynamic dashboard provides trends on website traffic, stay dates, and demand source markets.
– To support chains and owner groups, Expedia Group released a streamlined version of its optimized distribution solution that allows lodging suppliers to more effectively manage the distribution of wholesale rates among third party travel providers.
To Restore Destinations:
– To re-ignite demand through market awareness, Expedia Group Media Solutions is opening a $25 million fund for destinations. This recovery plan focuses on destination-led and co-op campaigns, which bring together destination and supply partners with similar audiences to manage their advertising spend while maximizing their conversions.
– To keep travel top of mind, Expedia Group is rolling out a series of global brand campaigns. For example, an online campaign from Media Solutions called Where Next? helps customers discover new destinations.
To Restore the Industry:
– To help furloughed and displaced workers advance during this time, Expedia Group has created a complimentary training and education program called Expedia Group Academy. The program offers skill development through online learning modules and live content led by Expedia Group subject matter experts and travel industry leaders.
– To ensure customers can book with confidence, Expedia Group created a new feature for lodging partners to highlight the health and hygiene measures at their properties.
– To meet the needs of cautious customers and ensure booking flexibility, nearly 70% of lodging rate plans on Expedia Group sites are now refundable.
Comments & Discussion
American Airlines Plans to Suspend All Regional Operations out of Miami
Republic Airways Furloughs Over 300 Employees
American Airlines Retires 5 Aircraft Types
Frontier Airlines Requires Passengers to Wear Masks Starting May 8
Cruises2 weeks ago
Royal Caribbean To Eliminate Buffets on Post-Coronavirus Cruises
Airline News2 weeks ago
Missing Airline Food? You Can Order It To Your Home! (Yes, Really!)
Airline News2 weeks ago
Mexican Airline Offering Unlimited Flight Packages
Airline News1 week ago
Delta Resuming Several Major US and International Routes in June