Connect with us

Airline News

Airline Passenger Caught Texting About Molesting Children Sentenced to Prison



A Washington man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison after he was spotted on a flight by another passenger texting his girlfriend about molesting children.

According to the United States Attorney’s Office in Washington’s Western District, 58-year-old Michael Kellar was on a flight to San Jose in 2017 when a passenger sitting behind him caught site of his text messages to his girlfriend, 52-year-old Gail Lynn Burnworth.

The unidentified passenger read the messages on Kellar’s phone and realized he was giving instructions to Burnworth about using Benadryl to drug and rape two of the three children staying with the woman.

The children were between five- and seven-years-old at the time of the crimes.

Trending Now

When the passenger saw the messages due to the large font on a large smartphone, she snapped an image of the conversation and reported it to an attendant working the flight. The airline employee contacted the police, who confronted Kellar when the plane landed at Mineta San Jose International Airport.

The courts then obtained a search warrant as a result of the messages and found sexually explicit images on Burnworth’s phone and several hundred images of child pornography on Kellar’s laptop inside the home.

Kellar was eventually arrested and convicted of conspiracy to produce child pornography. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison, while Burnworth will be sentenced on March 27 after pleading guilty to distribution of child pornography.

“I commend the airline passenger who spoke up about the disturbing texts she witnessed on her flight,” U.S. Attorney Brian T. Moran said in a statement. “We all have had that moment when we question: ‘Do I get involved.’”

The case proves once again the adage “If You See Something, Say Something” continues to ring true.

Comments & Discussion

Airline News

TSA Confirms First Employee Death Related to Coronavirus



The Transportation Security Administration announced Friday that a federal employee working at a New Jersey airport died from complications associated with coronavirus, marking the agency’s first COVID-19-related death.

According to the official TSA website, 39-year-old Francis “Frank” Boccabella III died on April 2 after 16 years with the organization. He was an Explosive Detection Canine Handler at Newark Liberty International Airport.

A TSA spokesperson sent heartfelt condolences to Boccabella’s wife, extended family, colleagues and friends. “His passing represents a personal loss to all of us who knew him and cherished both his friendship and professionalism,” the statement read.

Boccabella joined the TSA in 2004 at John F. Kennedy International Airport before becoming a Compliance Inspector at the Newark airport and finally settling into his role as an Explosive Detection Canine Handler.

Boccabella worked with a six-year-old German Short-haired Pointer named Bullet to screen hundreds of thousands of passengers, keeping them and the transportation network safe.

In recent weeks, the TSA received updated protocols regarding the spread of coronavirus, including the decision to allow employees to wear N95 masks and eye protection, as well as mandatory nitrile gloves.

The TSA also recently announced a new website to provide travelers with updated airport regulations and keep track of confirmed cases of coronavirus among employees.

This post was published by our news partner: | Article Source

Comments & Discussion

Continue Reading

latest episode


Jet Set on TheGo!

Travel News & Exclusive Deals delivered right to your inbox weekly!
* indicates required