With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner and at least $6.16 billion expected to be spent for the holiday this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2020’s Best Cities for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations as well as accompanying videos, along with stats about the holiday in its St. Patrick’s Day infographic.
To determine the best cities for celebrating Irish-American heritage, WalletHub compared 200 of the largest U.S. cities across 17 key metrics, ranging from Irish pubs and restaurants per capita to lowest price for a three-star hotel on St. Patrick’s Day to weather forecast.
Top 20 Cities for St. Patrick’s Day
1. Chicago, IL
2. Boston, MA
3. Philadelphia, PA
4. Pittsburgh, PA
5. Tampa, FL
6. Naperville, IL
7. New York, NY
8. Buffalo, NY
9. Cleveland, OH
10. Cedar Rapids, IA 11. Las Vegas, NV
12. Denver, CO
13. Omaha, NE
14. Syracuse, NY
15. Boise, ID
16. Madison, WI
17. Lincoln, NE
18. Kansas City, MO
19. Fort Collins, CO
20. Henderson, NV
St. Patrick’s Day Facts
- 174%: Increase in beer sales on St. Patrick’s Day compared to the rest of the year (153% more spirits are sold compared with the average day).
- $1.6 Million: Market value of a leprechaun’s pot of gold.
- $6.16 Billion: Amount spent collectively on St. Patrick’s Day 2020 ($43 per person celebrating).
- 32.1 Million: Number of Americans who claim Irish ancestry, second only to German and 7 times Ireland’s population.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-cities-for-st-patricks-day-celebrations/19603/
Comments & Discussion
Tips To Get On A Healthy Routine Track
Gobierno de Baja California Sur comprometido con el turismo en la región
Airline News4 days ago
United Offering Employees New Buyout Packages
Happening Now4 days ago
World Tourism Organization Calls For Vaccine Passport
TJS SYNDICATE3 days ago
It’s Official: COVID-19 Restrictions Return for Europe, U.K., Ireland & Brazil
Happening Now3 days ago
Travel & Lifestyle Show ‘The Jet Set’ Cleared for Season 6